Winona Christian




  1. All tuition and fees must be paid
  2. Cap and gown to be given after being cleared through the office
  3. 1 baby picture and 5 selfies due to Mrs. Johnson for the annual
  4. 10 pictures for the senior slide show, due to Mrs. Johnson by March 31st
  5. Bible verses, saying, or poem (inspirational) to be put in the annual, must be turned into Mrs. Johnson
  6. List of any and all scholarships and amounts
  7. Senior composite pictures taken
  8. Up to 4 roses per graduate can be purchased through the school, deadline April 28th.
  9. *BOYS MUST WEAR*-White dress shirt and tie, khakis, brown dress shoes.
  10. *GIRLS MUST WEAR*-White dress, white shoes (no flip flops, no big jewelry)
  11. Dress up for Awards Night.
  12. Senior tables will be set up in the gym. Must provide your own table covering.
  13. Graduation night be at the school no later than 6:15 pm.



The final two years of high school are busy times in your life-homework, sports, proms and work. At the same time, you should be planning for college. The following is a checklist to use as a guide to help you obtain financing for your educational dream.


Attend college nights and education fairs.

Take the PSAT, ACT and/or SAT exams.

Visit schools that interest you during the spring and summer. Call ahead to arrange campus tours.

Investigate scholarship opportunities. Find out about scholarships offered by your church, fraternal organizations to which your parents belong, and civic and business groups in career fields that interest you.



Attend college nights and education fairs.

Write to the admissions offices of colleges that most interest you.

Obtain admission, scholarship and financial aid information.

Review the information you receive and select the schools, which interest you.

Send in admission application forms. (See College Application Procedures.)

Work with your high school counselor to obtain applications for scholarships.

Ask teachers, employer or minister if they would provide you with a letter of reference if necessary.

College application procedures

Applications for colleges/universities are available on-line or in the Student Services office. Most colleges require an application fee and high school transcript. To have your official high school transcript sent to the college or university at which you are applying, you need to sign for the transcript with the registrar in the high school principal's office. There is no charge for a transcript. Most applications also request verification of classes you are or will be taking during your senior year. You will need to go to Student Services for verification and a counselor's signature. If applying on line, you will need to pay your application fee by credit card. If you are sending in a paper application, you will need to include a check. The administrative assistant in the Student Services office will help you with this process, and will send your completed application, payment and official transcript to the appropriate college.


Apply early! Financial aid is awarded on first come-first served basis! To apply for financial aid, you must complete a need analysis form to determine your eligibility.  Check with the school(s) of your choice to determine which needs analysis form is required. Obtain FAFSA forms from your high school counselor or the college financial aid office. File parent's and student's (if necessary) income tax return(s) as soon after January 1 as possible. Complete the FAFSA form using information from tax returns and other sources. Make copies of the completed forms for your files. Check scholarship-filing deadlines, work on applications, arrange for reference letters if required.


You will begin to receive letters of acceptance from schools. You should receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) about four to six weeks after you mail your FAFSA form. At the same time, the financial aid office at the schools you selected will receive a similar report. Sign and mail your SAR (make a photocopy for your files) to the school you plan to attend.


After you are accepted and your financial aid file is completed, the school will send you an Award Letter. This letter lists the types of financial aid available to you and the amount you have awarded. Your school will tell you what you must do to receive any of the following aid awards: Pell Grant, College Work-Study Program, Perkins Loan, SEOG (Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant),  and Stafford Loan (formerly Guaranteed Student Loan).  Notify the school you plan to attend of any scholarships received from outside sources.  Accept or decline the offered financial aid by signing the award letter and returning it to the school.

Contact your school and lender for the process to follow if you have been awarded a Stafford Loan. If the financial aid awarded by your school will not be sufficient, you may contact your lender to inquire about: SLS (Supplemental Loan for Students), PLUS (Parent Loan for Students), Bank Collegiate Loan Program,  and other alternative loan programs.  Contact your lender to obtain applications




Copyright © 2017.  All Rights Reserved
Site Hosted by Southern Technology Solutions